Friday, July 29, 2011

The Revisitation

The past seven weeks of web tool exploration and the pedagogical interaction with my classmates have changed my perception of approaching a science lesson. Although I will still be using some of the existing technologies at my present school, such as the SMART Board and Notebook software, I now understand the power of integration of web tools. I have experienced first-hand how a wiki is more flexible than a blog in terms of reaching out to my students. I have learned about how Edmodo could maximize my students’ collaboration both inside and outside the classroom. My students’ future projects will be a good mix of podcasts, screencasts, and glogs, thanks to this course! Also, I have just realized how ‘ShoutOmatic’ could make my tweets audible to my students. This course was truly an eye-opener in the sense that it made me see opportunities to diversify my lesson plan, above and beyond web tools. I now feel a renewed sense of confidence and self-belief that I can handle the rigors of navigating through technological waters. As I mentioned earlier, my pedagogical goal for this course is to integrate the said tools as deemed fit over the next few months and years. And most of all, this course will have true meaning only when I help my students become capable users of some of these tools, and I am quite confident about delivering a five-star curricular service. Nevertheless, I can assure you all that this will not be my last post on this blog, and I would like to thank Professor Brunsell and all of my classmates out there. You have truly enriched my summer!

P.S. If you want to listen to some good science podcasts, please click on the links at the top of the side bar.

No comments: