Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Interesting Summer Read

As I was browsing through Amazon.com last month, I virtually stumbled upon this book titled "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer", and I have immediately requested my school librarian to get this book for us. Trust me, this one is phenomenal, in terms of storytelling, in terms of giving an overview of the disease since its birth, for its detailed account of the treatment, the research, and above all, the human struggle against the disease. This beautifully-written book will definitely impress the scientist in you and will even inspire the scientific writer in you. I have already recommended this book to all my high school students. To learn more, listen to this audio piece.


2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks Vee- I just emailed your post to two friends- one who had breast cancer, and one who has two family members with cancer.

Veeraiah K said...

Thank you, Mary.